Personal Injury Assessment (Psychological)In the aftermath of a personal injury - from a debilitating car crash to a traumatic fall - an expert witness provided by HKA will be able to assess in detail and report thoroughly on the psychological effects.
In the aftermath of a personal injury – from a debilitating car accident to a traumatic fall – an expert witness provided by HKA will assess and report on the psychological effects. With our experts using a combination of pre-interview testing and questionnaires – followed by a thorough one-to-one appointment – adult claimants can expect a detailed psychological assessment, covering immediate post-accident mental state, symptom assessment, current symptoms, pre-accident history, reliability, treatment implications and prognosis. Children under the age of ten, meanwhile, will have a brief, informal conversation with the clinical psychologist, followed by a more in-depth interview with their parent(s).
The HKA Process
Introducing our streamlined four-step approach to medico legal services
1. You instruct HKA
2. We arrange expert witness appointment
3. Expert witness produces psychological/orthopaedic report
4. We send you the psychological/orthopaedic report
The HKA Charter
Serving you, serving justice
HKA understands the time pressures and personal concerns involved in the medico legal process. Our highly trained in-house staff, independent expert psychologists and orthopaedic surgeons are dedicated to streamlined service and high-quality psychological and orthopaedic assessments, helping solicitors, agencies and individuals towards the right result.
The HKA Quality Guarantee
- A dynamic in-house staff of 24, dedicated to personal service
- Medico legal instructions processed in-house within 24 hours
- Clinical psychologist and orthopaedic appointments confirmed within five days
- Clients typically seen by expert witness within 4-6 weeks of instruction
- Select an independent expert witness from our register of 52 experts
- Experts assessments performed at 148 UK clinics in England and Scotland.
- Every clinical psychologist held to the highest HCPC/BPS standards
- Our orthopaedic surgeon held to the highest GMC standards
- Orthopaedic and psychological reports delivered two weeks after appointment
Latest from our article library
Category: Work Stress
Employment Stress: How can we help employees and employers Review of recent publication: Employment stress, Legal and Personal Injury Issues,...Read more
The Benefits of Earlier Interventions For Children in Road Traffic Accidents: Less cost, faster recovery and quicker claim settlement
One of the biggest health threats to children in Europe is road traffic accidents (RTA). Each year in Europe, approximately...Read more
Category: Personal Injury
It is often assumed that there is a linear relationship between symptom severity and GP attendance. Thus a lack of...Read more
Category: Work Stress
Employment Stress: How can we help employees and employers Review of recent publication: Employment stress, Legal and Personal Injury Issues, Koch, Beesley & Byram (2013)
This interesting article discusses how to consider and define employment stress, what factors contribute to it and maintain it and...Read more