Personal Injury Assessment (Orthopaedic)One of the UK's most respected orthopaedic surgeons, John Mackinnon meets clients at their choice of four UK clinics, carrying out an in-depth orthopaedic assessment.
Appointments with Mr Mackinnon typically take place 4-6 weeks after a client’s initial instruction to HKA, and his orthopaedic report will be based on a detailed clinical examination, with reference to medical history and radiographic evidence. When appropriate, the orthopaedic assessment may also be accompanied by a psychological assessment.
The HKA Process
Introducing our streamlined four-step approach to medico legal services
1. You instruct HKA
2. We arrange expert witness appointment
3. Expert witness produces psychological/orthopaedic report
4. We send you the psychological/orthopaedic report
The HKA Charter
Serving you, serving justice
HKA understands the time pressures and personal concerns involved in the medico legal process. Our highly trained in-house staff, independent expert psychologists and orthopaedic surgeons are dedicated to streamlined service and high-quality psychological and orthopaedic assessments, helping solicitors, agencies and individuals towards the right result.
The HKA Quality Guarantee
- A dynamic in-house staff of 26, dedicated to personal service
- Medico legal instructions processed in-house within 24 hours
- Clinical psychologist and orthopaedic appointments confirmed within five days
- Clients typically seen by expert witness within 4-6 weeks of instruction
- Select an independent expert witness from our register of 42 experts
- Experts assessments performed at 130 UK clinics in England and Wales.
- Every clinical psychologist held to the highest HCPC/BPS standards
- Our orthopaedic surgeon held to the highest GMC standards
- Orthopaedic and psychological reports delivered two weeks after appointment
Latest from our article library
Diagnosing and treating post-e-scooter accident anxiety Electric scooters are now a common sight on UK public roads, private roads and...Read more
Category: Criminal Litigation
This is the thirty-eighth in a series of Case reports and Commentaries from Professor Koch and colleagues. Legal Mind Case...Read more
Category: Joint Expert
This is the thirty-ninth in a series of Case reports and Commentaries from Professor Koch and colleagues. Legal Mind Case...Read more
Professor Hugh Koch is interviewed by Dr Liz Boyd about his half-century career as a psychologist in five different contexts,...Read more