NeuropsychologyIn the event of a client's cognitive impairment, the HKA brain injury expert will use verbal and written testing as the foundation of an extensive neuropsychological assessment.
Neuropsychology is the study of the structure and workings of the human brain, examining in turn how this affects psychological processes and how we function on a daily basis. In the event of a client’s cognitive impairment – for example, following a serious head injury or brain disease – the HKA brain injury expert will use verbal and written neuropsychological testing as the foundation of an extensive neuropsychological assessment. The assessment will typically take between 2-4 hours – and may also require relatives to be interviewed – and the resulting neuropsychological report may be longer and more expensive than a standard psychological assessment.
The HKA Process
Introducing our streamlined four-step approach to medico legal services
1. You instruct HKA
2. We arrange expert witness appointment
3. Expert witness produces psychological/orthopaedic report
4. We send you the psychological/orthopaedic report
The HKA Charter
Serving you, serving justice
HKA understands the time pressures and personal concerns involved in the medico legal process. Our highly trained in-house staff, independent expert psychologists and orthopaedic surgeons are dedicated to streamlined service and high-quality psychological and orthopaedic assessments, helping solicitors, agencies and individuals towards the right result.
The HKA Quality Guarantee
- A dynamic in-house staff of 28, dedicated to personal service
- Medico legal instructions processed in-house within 24 hours
- Clinical psychologist and orthopaedic appointments confirmed within five days
- Clients typically seen by expert witness within 4-6 weeks of instruction
- Select an independent expert witness from our register of 44 experts
- Experts assessments performed at 141 UK clinics in England and Wales.
- Every clinical psychologist held to the highest HCPC/BPS standards
- Our orthopaedic surgeon held to the highest GMC standards
- Orthopaedic and psychological reports delivered two weeks after appointment
Latest from our article library
Category: Personal Injury
Claimants who have experienced an event which has caused physical or psychological/emotional injury and been the result of someone else’s...Read more
Category: Psychological Therapy
The unifying factor in many debates between experts, barristers and the judiciary about psychological diagnosis is that ‘something traumatic or...Read more
Category: Data breach
Data breaches concerning individuals and organisations are increasingly common, highlighted by the growing emphasis on GDPR, organisational security measures and...Read more
Category: Personal Injury
A claimant who has experienced a significant, adverse traumatic event such as a road traffic accident, work accident or medical...Read more