NeuropsychologyIn the event of a client's cognitive impairment, the HKA brain injury expert will use verbal and written testing as the foundation of an extensive neuropsychological assessment.
Neuropsychology is the study of the structure and workings of the human brain, examining in turn how this affects psychological processes and how we function on a daily basis. In the event of a client’s cognitive impairment – for example, following a serious head injury or brain disease – the HKA brain injury expert will use verbal and written neuropsychological testing as the foundation of an extensive neuropsychological assessment. The assessment will typically take between 2-4 hours – and may also require relatives to be interviewed – and the resulting neuropsychological report may be longer and more expensive than a standard psychological assessment.
The HKA Process
Introducing our streamlined four-step approach to medico legal services
1. You instruct HKA
2. We arrange expert witness appointment
3. Expert witness produces psychological/orthopaedic report
4. We send you the psychological/orthopaedic report
The HKA Charter
Serving you, serving justice
HKA understands the time pressures and personal concerns involved in the medico legal process. Our highly trained in-house staff, independent expert psychologists and orthopaedic surgeons are dedicated to streamlined service and high-quality psychological and orthopaedic assessments, helping solicitors, agencies and individuals towards the right result.
The HKA Quality Guarantee
- A dynamic in-house staff of 24, dedicated to personal service
- Medico legal instructions processed in-house within 24 hours
- Clinical psychologist and orthopaedic appointments confirmed within five days
- Clients typically seen by expert witness within 4-6 weeks of instruction
- Select an independent expert witness from our register of 52 experts
- Experts assessments performed at 148 UK clinics in England and Scotland.
- Every clinical psychologist held to the highest HCPC/BPS standards
- Our orthopaedic surgeon held to the highest GMC standards
- Orthopaedic and psychological reports delivered two weeks after appointment
Latest from our article library
Category: Work Stress
Employment Stress: How can we help employees and employers Review of recent publication: Employment stress, Legal and Personal Injury Issues,...Read more
The Benefits of Earlier Interventions For Children in Road Traffic Accidents: Less cost, faster recovery and quicker claim settlement
One of the biggest health threats to children in Europe is road traffic accidents (RTA). Each year in Europe, approximately...Read more
Category: Personal Injury
It is often assumed that there is a linear relationship between symptom severity and GP attendance. Thus a lack of...Read more
Category: Work Stress
Employment Stress: How can we help employees and employers Review of recent publication: Employment stress, Legal and Personal Injury Issues, Koch, Beesley & Byram (2013)
This interesting article discusses how to consider and define employment stress, what factors contribute to it and maintain it and...Read more