NeuropsychologyIn the event of a client's cognitive impairment, the HKA brain injury expert will use verbal and written testing as the foundation of an extensive neuropsychological assessment.
Neuropsychology is the study of the structure and workings of the human brain, examining in turn how this affects psychological processes and how we function on a daily basis. In the event of a client’s cognitive impairment – for example, following a serious head injury or brain disease – the HKA brain injury expert will use verbal and written neuropsychological testing as the foundation of an extensive neuropsychological assessment. The assessment will typically take between 2-4 hours – and may also require relatives to be interviewed – and the resulting neuropsychological report may be longer and more expensive than a standard psychological assessment.
The HKA Process
Introducing our streamlined four-step approach to medico legal services
1. You instruct HKA
2. We arrange expert witness appointment
3. Expert witness produces psychological/orthopaedic report
4. We send you the psychological/orthopaedic report
The HKA Charter
Serving you, serving justice
HKA understands the time pressures and personal concerns involved in the medico legal process. Our highly trained in-house staff, independent expert psychologists and orthopaedic surgeons are dedicated to streamlined service and high-quality psychological and orthopaedic assessments, helping solicitors, agencies and individuals towards the right result.
The HKA Quality Guarantee
- A dynamic in-house staff of 26, dedicated to personal service
- Medico legal instructions processed in-house within 24 hours
- Clinical psychologist and orthopaedic appointments confirmed within five days
- Clients typically seen by expert witness within 4-6 weeks of instruction
- Select an independent expert witness from our register of 42 experts
- Experts assessments performed at 130 UK clinics in England and Wales.
- Every clinical psychologist held to the highest HCPC/BPS standards
- Our orthopaedic surgeon held to the highest GMC standards
- Orthopaedic and psychological reports delivered two weeks after appointment
Latest from our article library
Diagnosing and treating post-e-scooter accident anxiety Electric scooters are now a common sight on UK public roads, private roads and...Read more
Category: Criminal Litigation
This is the thirty-eighth in a series of Case reports and Commentaries from Professor Koch and colleagues. Legal Mind Case...Read more
Category: Joint Expert
This is the thirty-ninth in a series of Case reports and Commentaries from Professor Koch and colleagues. Legal Mind Case...Read more
Professor Hugh Koch is interviewed by Dr Liz Boyd about his half-century career as a psychologist in five different contexts,...Read more