Medical NegligenceIn cases where alleged medical negligence has caused harm to a client, an HKA expert witness is uniquely qualified to assess the psychological impact and wider implications.
Medical negligence refers to a preventable mistake or substandard care by healthcare professionals that causes or worsens a condition. In cases where alleged medical error has caused harm to a patient – whether that is a misdiagnosed condition or a mistake made by hospital staff during surgery – HKA’s clinical psychologist will assess the psychological impact and its wider implications. In producing the medico legal report, careful distinction will be made between the possible effects of the original medical intervention and the effects of the alleged negligence that subsequently took place.
The HKA Process
Introducing our streamlined four-step approach to medico legal services
1. You instruct HKA
2. We arrange expert witness appointment
3. Expert witness produces psychological/orthopaedic report
4. We send you the psychological/orthopaedic report
The HKA Charter
Serving you, serving justice
HKA understands the time pressures and personal concerns involved in the medico legal process. Our highly trained in-house staff, independent expert psychologists and orthopaedic surgeons are dedicated to streamlined service and high-quality psychological and orthopaedic assessments, helping solicitors, agencies and individuals towards the right result.
The HKA Quality Guarantee
- A dynamic in-house staff of 28, dedicated to personal service
- Medico legal instructions processed in-house within 24 hours
- Clinical psychologist and orthopaedic appointments confirmed within five days
- Clients typically seen by expert witness within 4-6 weeks of instruction
- Select an independent expert witness from our register of 50 experts
- Experts assessments performed at 163 UK clinics in England, Scotland and Wales.
- Every clinical psychologist held to the highest HCPC/BPS standards
- Our orthopaedic surgeon held to the highest GMC standards
- Orthopaedic and psychological reports delivered two weeks after appointment
Latest from our article library
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder – Contemporary Analysis of medico-legal evidential issues For submission to Expert Witness Journal Hugh Koch, Clinical Psychologist...Read more
Whatever your particular role title in the claims industry (lawyer, insurer, expert, judge), you have many 'customers' to whom you...Read more
The delay in the MOJ’s intention to increase the small claims limit to £5000 for RTA claims until April 2020,...Read more
Category: Communication Skills
Connecting with the many professionals and departments in any one insurance company is a huge challenge. There is no one...Read more